Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

enkeivette 08-20-2010 12:18 AM

Hahaha, very nice.

enkeivette 09-21-2010 08:09 PM

I want to get that bumper on, lets do it after midterms, post oct 15th.

enkeivette 09-21-2010 08:15 PM

I want to get this bitch primered too, get your bro to bust out the media blaster and blow that rust off early oct!

Vettezuki 09-21-2010 09:12 PM

Alright, the only thing left for the rear is to cutout a piece of sheet metal and weld it in. The blaster is pretty easy to setup, just need to by some star media. Also, need to post pics of the hubs kdracer73 put back together.

Shaolin Crane 09-22-2010 07:59 AM

Instead of media blasting why not spray naval jelly on everything ?, would take less time and easier clean up too

Vettezuki 09-22-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 59590)
Instead of media blasting why not spray naval jelly on everything ?, would take less time and easier clean up too

Overall it will cost the same or more. Requires water to clean up, and has the potential for damaging the metal if you space out and leave it on too long. Properly selected media can't damage the metal and is dry, so you just vacuum it up and reuse.

It's not a bad suggestion at all, I just lean towards the dry stuff for these reasons.

Shaolin Crane 09-22-2010 03:17 PM

If there is food, i will help :)

Shaolin Crane 09-22-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 59612)
Overall it will cost the same or more. Requires water to clean up, and has the potential for damaging the metal if you space out and leave it on too long. Properly selected media can't damage the metal and is dry, so you just vacuum it up and reuse.

It's not a bad suggestion at all, I just lean towards the dry stuff for these reasons.

I've never heard of naval jelly harming metal, and ive left that stuff on overnight with no foul results.

enkeivette 09-23-2010 08:41 PM

There is so much interior surface rust he would need a loan to buy that much naval jelly. And someone with the patience to apply it and wash it off, then resand the metal. Blasting is what all the cool kids do anyways.

Shaolin Crane 09-23-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 59689)
There is so much interior surface rust he would need a loan to buy that much naval jelly. And someone with the patience to apply it and wash it off, then resand the metal. Blasting is what all the cool kids do anyways.

I used a single bottle of naval jelly on the inside of my car. cost 3.99. But yes, required much patience.

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 11-28-2011 03:40 PM

Just an update. I plan on finishing the front bumper in the near future. Then I'll pick away at the body work that we can do without spending to much cash.

Vettezuki 11-28-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 87755)
Just an update. I plan on finishing the front bumper in the near future. Then I'll pick away at the body work that we can do without spending to much cash.

Cool. Maybe enkeivette can finish up the rear bumper as well.

joedls 11-28-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 87755)

How much cash is needed to finish the body work?

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 11-28-2011 04:03 PM

Well at the moment we just need some money for fiberglass. After that we have the materials we just need the free time.

joedls 11-28-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 87761)
Well at the moment we just need some money for fiberglass. After that we have the materials we just need the free time.

So how much is the fiberglass?

Vettezuki 11-28-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 87758)
How much cash is needed to finish the body work?

I'd have to talk to enkeivevette about reasonable paint options, that's what can easily get expensive. Let's say about $1k for what we had in mind, remaining fiberglass, paint, etc.

Likewise, finishing the engine, including some nice swap headers about $1k.

Wheels tires and brakes, fuel, and misc, probably around $2k.

Finishing the car, nicely has I had planned and will wait to do nicely, is around $4k and maybe 200 hours. :huh: This is all rough estimating and depends on if I can get deals on some stuff from Granny Speed for the solid/delron bushings, etc., but is probably a fairly accurate ball park estimate.

joedls 11-28-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 87763)
I'd have to talk to enkeivevette about reasonable paint options, that's what can easily get expensive. Let's say about $1k for what we had in mind, remaining fiberglass, paint, etc.

Likewise, finishing the engine, including some nice swap headers about $1k.

Wheels tires and brakes, fuel, and misc, probably around $2k.

Finishing the car, nicely has I had planned and will wait to do nicely, is around $4k and maybe 200 hours. :huh: This is all rough estimating and depends on if I can get deals on some stuff from Granny Speed for the solid/delron bushings, etc., but is probably a fairly accurate ball park estimate.

How much for the body work, not including paint? I think I can probably contribute some cash for that right now.

Vettezuki 11-28-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 87764)
How much for the body work, not including paint? I think I can probably contribute some cash for that right now.

Aaron, whattaya think?

The remaining fab, if we did everything we wanted would be scoop for blower, dash of some kind, piece to replace sun roof, and diffuser. $250 would go a long way :huh: Anything is appreciated and will be used to advance the cause.

joedls 11-28-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 87765)
Aaron, whattaya think?

The remaining fab, if we did everything we wanted would be scoop for blower, dash of some kind, piece to replace sun roof, and diffuser. $250 would go a long way :huh: Anything is appreciated and will be used to advance the cause.

Check your PayPal.

enkeivette 03-09-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 87766)
Check your PayPal.

Wow, generous! :beer:

I'm in town, I can get that rear bumper on there. Let's prime this fucker this month.

Shaolin Crane 03-09-2012 10:43 AM

Joe is a great dude. He gave me the mufflers i needed for the blue car. Still much appreciated.

kameleongt 03-09-2012 02:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys let me know what supplies is needed and what aall paint you guys needed I gave you guys some primer what seems like years and years ago for this project. Let me know what all you would like. I don't have any fiberglass but I can have it next week.

I don't come on here much feel free to email me. Kameleongt@Gmail.com

Vettezuki 03-10-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 93799)
Wow, generous! :beer:

I'm in town, I can get that rear bumper on there. Let's prime this fucker this month.

Shit. Thought I responded. If you're coming tomorrow night to Nick's we can talk schedule, etc.

enkeivette 03-14-2012 02:08 AM

Thow filler into the list if you email Art, if we're not out by now what we had is dry. And that rear bumper is going to need a lot.

Shaolin Crane 03-14-2012 08:36 AM

I have a gallon of filler y'all can have that i only ended up using about an ounce of.

Vettezuki 03-21-2012 11:21 AM

Thanks Guy and Kamelongt. I'll be in touch when I have a better idea of what's needed. Adam, when would you like to put in some time? Roughly what's your schedule like?

joedls 03-21-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 93815)
Joe is a great dude.

Who is this Joel you speak of?

Shaolin Crane 03-21-2012 01:59 PM

Woops, snuck an L in there. Your name is Joe correct?

joedls 03-21-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 94431)
Woops, snuck an L in there. Your name is Joe correct?

Yeah, my name is Joe.

People are always trying to change my name.

Joel
Jose
Joseph
Joey

No one ever believes that my name is just Joe. But that's what it is.

Shaolin Crane 03-21-2012 04:23 PM

Dunno how the l got in there :huh:

joedls 03-21-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 94451)
Dunno how the l got in there :huh:

:drink:

Shaolin Crane 03-21-2012 05:06 PM

I've not been known for my spelling, my mouth and lowballing yes, but not spelling. :smack:

big2bird 04-07-2012 09:08 PM

There are more posts about paint here than the car. Jamb the engine in there, and let's get her up and running. Paint it primer with a broom for God's sake. :smack:

Vettezuki 04-08-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 95343)
There are more posts about paint here than the car. Jamb the engine in there, and let's get her up and running. Paint it primer with a broom for God's sake. :smack:

We have a car on the fast and dirty track (The Lemons project, see sig). That's about cheap and get it done. This one, I don't care so much about time. I want it to be purdy .

enkeivette 04-09-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Yeaaa!!!

I wanna come get it primered but it's so hot, and I'm so lazy. It's a problem. What's up with that supercharger snout? Get it machined ever?

Vettezuki 04-09-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 95400)
Yeaaa!!!

I wanna come get it primered but it's so hot, and I'm so lazy. It's a problem. What's up with that supercharger snout? Get it machined ever?

It's about 80% done (and I have the seals kit and manual for reassembly). At least one alignment pin has to be made because it was bent to fuck. Don't recall what else is needed but my cousin's shop is slammed doing double shifts now for the next few weeks and I'm trying to get him to help me with my now defunct clutch pedal rod, hopefully this week. I'm tired of the Vette sitting. I've been driving it daily working out other issues and it was getting better, so this is kind of a piss off.

Shaolin Crane 04-09-2012 07:10 PM

You're welcome to pick up the filler on the way to john's house.

Vettezuki 05-14-2012 05:49 PM

enkeivette, can you work this coming Sunday? If so, what all do you need. Let's bang out at least a lil' someth'n someth'n if possible.

Vettezuki 07-24-2012 02:37 AM

Hey enkeivette, you still down for getting some shit done in August?

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 08-02-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

I've got to cast the front bumper and I have body mods all over the car before we can even prime the Snake. It's gonna be good when it's done.