Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Someone tell me abou their (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59075)

Vettezuki 08-22-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstshadow (Post 132781)
Just got my motorcycle license, and picking up the miata crankshaft today!

I get a hankering to get a bike again from time to time.

Then I watch people drive . . . :judge:

My motor was biffed. "Fortunately" found a local one that was basically new. Just waiting for some trim bits and a coolant resevoir. The old one was cracked and was probably part of the "moments from disaster" scenario that led to the failure. I'm going to have to put these cars on a regular (weekly?) check to make sure all fluids and systems are go. This has been expensive (another one) side project that probably, though not necessarily, could have been avoided.

Shaolin Crane 09-01-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 132795)
I get a hankering to get a bike again from time to time.

Then I watch people drive . . . :judge:

No shit, I was about to buy another RR then watched some dude get pancaked by a semi, the urge has been gone since.

94cobra69ss396 09-03-2014 07:25 PM

Ordered my bearings, seals and O-ring today so that I can finally put the supercharger back on the Cobra and get it running.

Vettezuki 09-04-2014 04:19 AM

Almost finished with the Miata. Had to do swap the engine. Added new brakes all around and replaced some damaged trim. After I replace the cracked windshield, other than the CD player not working so good, it will be in overall excellent running condition and pretty good cosmetic condition, including a basically new engine. Sadly I have to sell it.

94cobra69ss396 09-09-2014 09:04 PM

I finished rebuilding the supercharger tonight. It was pretty easy. Unfortunately I was in a hurry to finish tonight so I didn't take any pictures. The only issue on found during my quick 5 mile test drive is that I didn't tighten the new supercharger belt enough. It slipped every time I jumped on it so I tightened it up after but haven't driven it again. I think the test drive was too short to tell if I still have the burning oil smell but I'll find out Thursday when I drive it to a customers. Hopefully the leaking seal was the cause of it.

Damian 09-09-2014 09:48 PM

Traded a back up turbo I had for a FAST setup for the Ty, can't wait to install it with a better set of heads, cam, AFPR, and fuel pump. Also puting the battery in the trunk. What do I have to do to be able to run at the track with it in the trunk?

Vettezuki 09-09-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 133254)
Traded a back up turbo I had for a FAST setup for the Ty, can't wait to install it with a better set of heads, cam, AFPR, and fuel pump. Also puting the battery in the trunk. What do I have to do to be able to run at the track with it in the trunk?

The battery. Has to be in a secured battery box AIR. Summit should have them.

94cobra69ss396 09-10-2014 07:05 AM

There are only two companies that legal boxes that I know of, Taylor and Moroso. I have the Taylor box in both the Chevelle and Cobra. For it to be legal, you have to have an external shut off switch that will kill the engine in case of a crash. I'll take some pictures of how I have the Chevelle and Cobra and post them up in a seep rate thread for you. The hardest part was figuring out how to make it so above 3000 the alternator didn't keep the engine running. Also, when deciding where to mount the box know that one of the bolts holding the box down has to go through the frame/subframe. At least that was the NHRA when I did both of mine.

Damian 09-10-2014 08:50 AM

That seems like a lot more work than I really want to do. I'll look and see how other Ty guys mount theirs.

firstshadow 09-13-2014 09:22 AM

Made it home in one piece with it :)