Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   C7 Revealed (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45624)

enkeivette 01-17-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 109771)
I don't own a Corvette, but as an old guy my answer would have to be...

..."Because I can."

I think since you drag race your mustang you'd be excluded from the old guy population theyre talking about!

enkeivette 01-17-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N8Dogg98 (Post 109851)
Agreed Justin, I wouldn't own a Corvette for the same reason I wouldn't wear the following:

While I agree that Corvette's perform very well for their price point, they're marketed such that they appeal to older men with a desire to look and feel young. I am young, so I don't need to feel young and a synthetic "look at me mobile" would never be something I'd be interested in regardless of my age.

For the kind of money it costs to buy a Vette, I'd buy a Mustang GT for fun and a nice used DD, or something German that I'd drive year round and would also perform well while being very comfortable with excellent build quality and ergonomics. Again, this is just my opinion.

EDIT: I just came up with the perfect metaphor for how I see the Vette. Spandex bicycle outfit = Corvette. The spandex shit makes you more aerodynamic on a bike and likely improves your performance, similar to how a Corvette performs well for what it is. However just like the Corvette, you look like a complete fucking idiot wearing it.

Haha, ouch... I just like Stingrays.

Just curious (asking a question, not arguing) do you think BADASSC6 looks like a fucking idiot driving his race built C6 around the track?

enkeivette 01-17-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 109848)
Ahhhh, I see where you are confused. I detest the styling and typical American lack of luxury (see:MY OPINION) but that doesn't mean I called it a slouch. I can scoot my ass to 190 mph with the same g force in a Honda should I so choose so performance is never the single buying criteria to me. I've gotta like the way it looks, and I just don't.

OIC. So you think theyre impressive machines, just not your style? Just like me and the AMG?

fiveohwblow 01-17-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 109870)
OIC. So you think theyre impressive machines, just not your style? Just like me and the AMG?

Precisely!

N8Dogg98 01-17-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 109870)

:clapping:

5.0droptop 01-17-2013 11:02 AM

I like vettes. In my rearview mirror.

Sent by Siri using Tapatalk

Shaolin Crane 01-17-2013 11:03 AM

I change my opinion. I'd rather take a 2013 V6 mustang, handles just as well as a vette but for much cheaper. And less gas.

fiveohwblow 01-17-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 109877)
I change my opinion. I'd rather take a 2013 V6 mustang, handles just as well as a vette but for much cheaper. And less gas.

Sarcasm is sarcasm.

Shaolin Crane 01-17-2013 12:08 PM

I'm serious

N8Dogg98 01-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 109885)
I'm serious

I'm N8