Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Angeles Crest Part II - Sunday, June 12th (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28388)

Redondo Jon 06-12-2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisa (Post 76983)
Hey guys, I just registered to let ya know we made it out ok. Just had to wait for the RX7 FC to cool down and we were back on track.
I took some footage from the first 20mins out and will be back to post once I upload it.
Thanks again for coming back to make sure everything was ok.

Fisa

Fisa, I had no idea it was you that had “broken down.” I was up front without a radio (forgot to bring it) and at the break stop learned someone had over-heated, or something. It’s rare that we ever leave anyone behind. Leedom is a good guy and I’m glad he went back to check on things. Also glad you’re okay and made it out fine.

The Hotness 06-12-2011 09:39 PM

Yes thank you guys! Good gtg as usual, I found everyone/everything mellow and enjoyable. Look forward to doing it again.

I also thank you guys for posting on the other car forums, as without this I would have never know the existence of Motorgen. :thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 06-12-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rornelas (Post 76996)
Did anyone have a problem with the white hatchback civic?

Sorry I missed you buddy! I had to take care of the kid today, my wife was having a party thing at our place.

rornelas 06-12-2011 09:58 PM

I still had fun without you. I was in back of the first group of Evos and Subarus. They couldn't shake me in the straight aways or the turns. It helped big time that I crammed the 225/45/17s for more grip. I had to roll the fender lips to fit them.

landshark99 06-12-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rornelas (Post 76996)
Did anyone have a problem with the white hatchback civic?

nope

AARP 06-12-2011 10:40 PM

I was pushing pretty hard up in the front after the break with 2 other miatas and was quickly reminded of why 17" ghetto rims and Kuhmo Ecsta Supras aren't the best for canyon roads. Thank god for my Torsen and 6-point rollbar though :jester:

Leedom 06-12-2011 10:48 PM

I had a great time. First part of the cruise was weird for me. Not used to seeing nobody in my rear view. I felt like Sean when I was bringing up the rear. Sean how do you do it?

kdracer73 06-12-2011 10:49 PM

I had a great time today:nuts: Got some great pics and videos. Just too wiped out to get them uploaded yet.
I put 321 miles on the old Camaro this weekend and she did awesome ! I hope the 40 year old Chevy leading didn't hold anybody back too much.
Not sure how effective the radios are. I heard a few transmissions and I sent a few out... 1 about the CHP motorcycle as we started up and another as we stopped at the turn out. I had it clipped to a chain I wear and it dropped off and ended up on the floor.

Leedom 06-12-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiPerfS4 (Post 76990)
Had a great time. Some of the evos had some attitude and incompetence issues today.

I only saw Motor cycle incompetence issues.

Vettezuki 06-12-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 77012)
I had a great time today:nuts: Got some great pics and videos. Just too wiped out to get them uploaded yet.
I put 321 miles on the old Camaro this weekend and she did awesome ! I hope the 40 year old Chevy leading didn't hold anybody back too much.
Not sure how effective the radios are. I heard a few transmissions and I sent a few out... 1 about the CHP motorcycle as we started up and another as we stopped at the turn out. I had it clipped to a chain I wear and it dropped off and ended up on the floor.

Standard radios don't work so hot up there. There are some cool apps for smart phone that emulate 2-way, but I don't recall that being great either. :huh: