Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Motorgen's First Annual Cars, Guns. Beach (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15368)

Vettezuki 06-20-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTS > Some (Post 54018)
If good souls you can't play, then maybe next time is the next fun. I have had to miss a number of great runs with MG due to "whatever & however" (would have been better there then where I ended up at). This hunt is good so do what you can to play, and if not, wish all that can the best that can be, and then dial in for the details.

Take care and smiles all-around.

I set the date for July 24th at the range. The dessert outing will be a different adventure.

As for the content of this post, I believe I'll need some LSD to fully understand. LOL

Chuck 06-21-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

If good souls you can't play, then maybe next time is the next fun. I have had to miss a number of great runs with MG due to "whatever & however" (would have been better there then where I ended up at). This hunt is good so do what you can to play, and if not, wish all that can the best that can be, and then dial in for the details.

After reading it about 3 times I think I get it.

Chuck's Notes

If you cant make it, wish all that can a good time. Try to make the next one and check back for the details of the run.

Douglas Mariani 06-26-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

My brain is bleeding :confused:

GTTS > Some 06-27-2010 10:05 AM

What?

That's how I wrote it, kinda, little bit, sometimes, now too??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 54351)
My brain is bleeding :confused:

Douglas Mariani 06-27-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTTS > Some (Post 54373)
That's how I wrote it, kinda, little bit, sometimes, now too??

You missed your calling....you write like a politician. LOL

Gary Wells 06-27-2010 03:32 PM

Went shooting today, as normal, couldn't hit the side of a big barn from the inside. Talked to the rangemaster. Prognosis does not sound good for the shooting event on the 24th. They advised that you can shoot any handgun up to & including a 44 mag. They also advised that a group shooting would be all but impossible on a Saturday. They also advised that lanes could not be reserved, other than for members, even if they were paid for in advance. I passed this info along to Vettezuki and the names of a coupler of people to talk to there about any other arrangements. How many people are members there. I believe that a member can share his lane with 1 or 2 other shooters for $9 an hour or $9 an hour for each non-member shooter. They operate on a first come, first serve basis.

GTTS > Some 06-27-2010 07:36 PM

Calling?

OK? Hello...

Smiles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 54379)
You missed your calling....you write like a politician. LOL

Vettezuki 06-27-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Wells (Post 54382)
Went shooting today, as normal, couldn't hit the side of a big barn from the inside. Talked to the rangemaster. Prognosis does not sound good for the shooting event on the 24th. They advised that you can shoot any handgun up to & including a 44 mag. They also advised that a group shooting would be all but impossible on a Saturday. They also advised that lanes could not be reserved, other than for members, even if they were paid for in advance. I passed this info along to Vettezuki and the names of a coupler of people to talk to there about any other arrangements. How many people are members there. I believe that a member can share his lane with 1 or 2 other shooters for $9 an hour or $9 an hour for each non-member shooter. They operate on a first come, first serve basis.

[Duplicate of PM sent.]

Basically if the range master is not open to making such arrangements, it's probably a no go there. Where are the other local so-cal outdoor ranges, not *too* far from the beach? Prado? Lytle creek? I don't know anything.

Shaolin Crane 06-27-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 54397)
[Duplicate of PM sent.]

Basically if the range master is not open to making such arrangements, it's probably a no go there. Where are the other local so-cal outdoor ranges, not *too* far from the beach? Prado? Lytle creek? I don't know anything.

I went to Lytle Creek today, and the range is huge, plenty of space for lots of people, covered lanes, and only 14 bucks for the entire day, i say we go there

Vettezuki 06-27-2010 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 54401)
I went to Lytle Creek today, and the range is huge, plenty of space for lots of people, covered lanes, and only 14 bucks for the entire day, i say we go there

That sounds pretty cool, but do think many would be willing to go to the Creek in the day and to the beach in the evening? (The groups don't have to be the same of course.) Maybe I'll finally buy a weapon if we go there. Riflegear has a Sig 522 LR that looks pretty cool for <$500.